My parents recently undated their kitchen. On their pantry they had bifold shutter doors. They got new doors to match their cabinets so I took their old shutter doors. I took the doors apart and came out with 4 long shutters. I painted all of them black then scruffed up the edges to give them a worn look. They turned out wonderful. This is one of them I put in our family room. The wreath I found in a box at my parents. I thought I would add a touch of color so the polk- a- dot green ribbon looks great on the black shutter. I will post the others soon.
I keep forgetting to take pictures of how my projects look before I redo them.
I am always excited about getting started on a new project. I will try to start doing better about taking the pictures.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
I recently made pillows for our loveseat. I did not want anything to frilly because I live with 3 boys and they do not do well with frills. So what I did was paint on pillowcases. One pillowcase made two pillows which was wonderful. I think they turned out wonderful. They were so much fun to make. I plan on making more with other designs soon.