Friday, January 14, 2011

Old Red Barn

I wanted to tell you a little bit about how I came up with the name Red Barn Creations. There is a old red barn on our farm. This barn is over 100 years old.


My mom has many of times suggested to my dad to tear this barn down. As time goes on the barn does get in worst and worst shape. Sometimes when we have lots of wind there will be pieces of the barn on the ground. Everytime he just repairs the barn and says "that looks better."





















Don't you love the washtub and stop sign on the front?

























You can really see how old the barn is from the side view.




I feel my dad is just attached to the barn as I am. This barn has played a big part in my life. I played in the barn growing up. When I was little there was a big rope swing in the hayloft you can only imagine how high you could swing on that rope. There has been numerous animals born and raised in this barn. I have shovel lots of manure out and carried many haybales down from the loft. There were very few days I didn't go out to the barn and have something to do.




Is there something in your life that you seem to can't let go of? Many times in life there are things that we seem to can't part with. If so I would love to hear what they are.


Many happy thoughts and memories!

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment